Friday 17 April 2015

Up the Women! UK General Election Opposition Debate


Something amazing is happening in British Politics and I am SO happy I am alive to see it. This photo was taken last night after the opposition Leaders television debate when all three anti-austerity, left wing  WOMEN leaders had a celebratory hug after their oratory successes. The hashtag of #UptheWomen then blew up twitter. This is an anti-patriarchy, anti-establishment movement and I can't wait to see how it works out. These women are brilliant role models for other young women encouraged to go into politics and this is how we will see real change in our system. This is the peaceful revolution, it's starting. If there are more women in politics our voices will be heard, represented and respected. Maybe I'm embroiled in feminist euphoria but I like to be an optimist sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment